Saturday, March 14, 2009

A great brouhaha around the breakfast table this morning criticising my blogs. As previously noted a while back, Wolf Kern, at the moment on his way to the airport to head back to Munich, told me he thought I was too much the grumpy old man and should lighten up, and this morning Chris joined in the attack because I was as usual, inspired by Littlewood’s column in the Daily Mail, going on about life in the UK today, in particular the daft doings of the elf and safety brigade and British Muslims. Chris said, ‘No doubt you will be ranting about that in your blog’ which is what started the brouhaha. On the other hand some time back Glyn Hughes told me my blogs were too bland so which of them is right? Am I blandly irate or angrily bland?
I have been meaning for a couple of weeks or more to have a rant about members of the so-called reformed House of Lords and members of the British parliament and the sleaze of New Labour, there having been two newspaper cuttings on my desk all the while to give me ammunition but other topics kept cropping up so here at last I can get rid of those cuttings. The first is headlined “Police chiefs quiz Lords leader over peers (sic) claims” and the second with, “MPs in new dodge to keep details of expenses secret” and both articles state in no uncertain terms just how corrupt this government is but what is the point of going into it? It would seem they’re all at it and passing the gravy boat on to members of their families, but then sheer unadulterated greed and something for nothing seems to be top of the agenda in society these days which is evidently why the world is in the financial mess it is.
I was tempted to make a comment by e-mail to The Evening Standard about the latest piece of Islamic nonsense by one of the most lunatic of their hell-raisers who states he won’t be happy until the flag of Allah flies over the Houses of Parliament and England is subject to Sharia Law. All women, Muslim or non-Muslim will have to be veiled, drunkenness (strange how Arabic poetry is full of the wonders of wine) punished by flogging and adultery by stoning. Dream on, bearded baby. Where does this brain-washed idiot come from, the 13th century? Mind you, the way Muslims are cow-towed to in Britain he could be closer than we think to his ridiculous ambition. Hitler, after all, was democratically elected.
My computer earlier objected to what I was writing and froze. It obviously got over its megrim to let me finish.

No comments: